Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'd say it was a successful Saturday...

I haven't taken a ton of pictures so far, mainly because being new frenge(the word they call me on the street, translating to foreigner) in town I get enough attention without needing to take out my camera. 

As I've mentioned, there are 3 peace corp living in Gondar and this weekend some of their other friends came to visit. We went to visit the castles which are located at the center of town and are AMAZING. The whole time I was there I couldn't help but think, this is where I live..I can handle peeing in a dirty hole for a year.. :) After we went to the castles, we got some juice at a local juice bit or juice house, ate a lunch of fried fish (an ENTIRE fish just fried...my friend took pictures of that not me), and then made our way to the local brewery called Dashen Brewery where they serve Towers of beer for only 60 birr (under 4$). Needless to say, I'd say it was a successful Saturday.

Anyway, here are some pictures :)   

Heather, the Education peace corp  volunteer



The three girls are who came to visit, the guy is Mitch whose my neigbor











mmmmm :) A spritzer which is mixed juice. Guava, Avocado and Mango on top. Delicious. 


Beer towers, ladies from Freshman year, you'd be in love. Dad, maybe we should get some towers like these for the cabin :) 


:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment