Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

You know it's a good day with kids when they fall asleep on the way home..


This weekend I had the honor of going with Yenege Tesfa to a local beack town called Gora Gora, on the shores of Lake Tana, about an hour ½ away. My alarm went of at 6am, and we were on the bus on our way by 7. When I say “we” I mean all of the Yenege Tesfa kids, around 65 orphans ranging in ages from 7-17. All three shelters came, along with the staff, the house “mothers" and me. 

It was a great day. Once we got to the lake, the kids swam, played soccer, talked, sang songs, and played games all day long. The house moms made a delicious breakfast and lunch for us all. It was such a great day, and the kids could just be kids. When we all piled back onto the bus to head home, the kids were exhausted. Half of them fell asleep and their heads were bouncing around as we drove on the gravel road from the lake. You know it’s a good day, when the kids are so exhausted they fall asleep on the way home!

I’m so thankful to know the kids in Yenege Tesfa. I love being with them, I honestly think it’s my favorite part about living in Gondar. It’s just so clear to me how much they have impacted my heart.

 Here are some pictures of the day :)
















<3

No comments:

Post a Comment