Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Once a Dragon...Always a Dragon

I'm burning some time at my favorite coffee shop, Moxie Java before I have dinner with my wonderful friend Ellie. It's good to be back here, sitting in the comfy chairs. I forgot how much I've missed my skim iced mochas and the atmosphere of this place :) I came to visit Moorhead this weekend, and it is bizarre being back. I am super excited to catch up with people, and see friends that I haven't seen for a few months. I had a coffee date today, and tomorrow is full of hanging out with different people and then spending the night with the ladies who I started out with here, Lillie and Marnie. It's strange being back though, because everything seems completely the same. The buildings on campus have been renovated a little bit, but that's about it.  I've moved away for the past 3 months and had a life changing experience. I've missed the people in Moorhead, but being back makes me realize it was the best decision I've ever made to student teach abroad. I needed a perspective shift, I needed an adventure. Not to say that picking up my cap and gown today wasn't bittersweet, because I realized that I'm not coming back here. My time in this area is really done..at least for now(maybe I'll get a job..hopefully not, I'd rather NOT live in flood trundra for the next few years!)

Time will tell where I am heading next, and I pray continually to be open to where I am being called to go. Tonight it's my favorite mexican resaturant Juano's, and tomorrow is one last time on the downtown strip ;)  As strange as it is to be back, I know that I've called this place home for the last 5 years  for a reason, some things just never change. Once a dragon, always a dragon...right?

Freshman year with Lillie and Marnie at the Power Bowl game against Concordia:) 


5 years later...on homecoming court at the homecoming game :) 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment