Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Running, it's contagious.

2 Timothy 4:7   I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

So proud of all the marathoners out in Fargo today. Makes me wish I could be up there, running again this year. Definitely motivation to start training again, maybe the Twin Cities half marathon in the fall?


The energy during the race is what gets me...the inspiration all around you, the dedication and hard work of the people standing next to you. Running 13 miles, or 26 miles is no easy, feat. It takes time, training, sweat, pain and dedication. For me, I had to change my lifestyle and even plan around my "long run" days which meant lots of early Friday nights! Here's a picture of me after the race last year!


 It's more mental than anything else, and completing 3 half marathons myself are probably my proudest moments. The self-satisfaction and sense of achievement is nothing like I've ever experienced before. Seeing all the people out there running, the energy is just contagious. Thinking about my experiences, and all the people I know running it today makes me just so proud of them all and so excited for their experience today. 

So runners, congratulations!! :)  

"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." 
-John Bingham, running speaker and writer

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment