Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Holy Moly...this is for real

Flights are booked, contract is signed, I'm flying to Ethiopia on September 23rd.

If you would have asked me 2 months ago where I thought I would be now, it would be in a classroom, preparing for my 20+students to come in on their first day. Maybe 3rd or 4th grade?! I was applying for places like the Twin Cities, Madison, Denver, and Arizona. I felt "open" to where I was going to teach, but I never really thought it was going to be abroad. I made a decision to do this in 2 days, don't get me wrong, I don't regret it...but it's sinking in that this is the real deal.

My continued prayer through out this summer was, "Lord, send me where you want me to do your work. Open a door, and I will go..." I just wanted to be put somewhere, with an opportunity that would make me grow as an educator and more importantly enable me to work for something larger than myself. For some, that may be just humanity, for me it's God. This opportunity with IFESH is DEFINITELY in line with my heart, just not what I thought was going to be in store.

Now, it's just a matter of adjusting and getting ready. I can do this, I'm excited to do this and I know the Lord has amazing things in store through this experience. That definitely does not mean that I'm not scared or anxious about it. If you're a person of faith, prayers are always appreciated.


"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear"

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment