Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 3

I've been here now for nearly a month, and I think this week was the first week that I really missed home. I missed my family and close friends, and the comfort of knowing that if need be, they are only a drive away. At the same time, it's exciting when I miss back home, and then push through it. I have to remember that I'm here temporarily, and the more I miss home the more I realize it's always going to be there. If I can do 3 months, I could do a year, if I can do a year, I could probably do 2 years. Who knows, the whole international teaching world is pretty amazing so far.

This week was pretty stressful over all, and I am thankful it's the weekend. I found out some news that hit me the wrong way, and school was tough this week. But hey, hakuna mata right? I think really, I just need to change my mind set about it. I hate teaching math...like really, I just wish it wasn't a core subject. Haha, even more of a reason why I need to get better at it, so my student's don't dislike math like I do. Teaching a lesson and walking away feeling like the kids are more confused than when they began kinda sucks. In the same breath, I'm a student teacher and I'm learning right? It's supposed to be tough! 

Friday night we went to a pick up soccer game that our roommate Brittany played in. It was awesome to watch her with all the soccer players as she was the sole female out there. We watched, and enjoyed happy hour under an umbrella while she played :) We got home and it was a pretty early night. This weekend I have lots of work to get done. I'm looking forward to getting it all done so that I can enjoy Super Bowl Monday. (yup, on Monday here bc the time difference is so big, it wouldn't play until like 2 am in the morning...so monday it is) A bunch of teachers and us student teachers will be getting together, and a couple of the teachers are from Wisconsin...so it will be a fun game to watch. 

Hopefully week 4 flies by, because Laura and I are taking off for a 4 day safari next Saturday. We'll go to Serengeti, Ngorogoro Crater, and Lake Manyara. Should be pretty great, can't wait to see more giraffes, plus the addition of elephants and lions and rhinos and cheetas...straight up Lion King style :)

Until next time! :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment