Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 4

Well, it's Friday mid-morning and the week is almost complete :) Laura and I head out to go on our safari tomorrow morning at 8:30, bright and early! I can't wait.

This week has been a good one.  A definite improvement from last week. In terms of student teaching, I feel like I'm really getting it. I'm becoming a part of the classroom, students are respecting me as a teacher and not just an extra body in the room. Teaching math has gone MUCH better this week, so it feels good to know I can do it. I'm just so dang excited to have my own classroom, with my own students and my own schedule. It feels good teaching, and being in a classroom while feeling like this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. Pretty soon I'll have to start looking for jobs for Fall...Something definitely to pray hard about.

The internet this week has been working fairly well at school, so I'm thankful for that. I'm debating if I want to get a Zain stick ( a USB that allows for internet at home). I've lasted a month with out it, I could probably go the whole time. Plus, it's kind of nice to only have access to e-mail, facebook and google when I'm at school. I'm practicing really just trying to live in the moment and take advantage of everything that is here. Some events happened back home that make my mind wander back to Moorhead, thinking about what if's and what it will be like when I come home. I'm trying hard to get those thoughts out of my mind because I'm in Africa! That's all I need to care about right now. I trust that the Lord has my plan under control and things will work out the way they are meant to. So who knows it I'll get the internet....it would be nice to watch Glee on Hulu though!

Other random news for the week: Laura and I found a new grocery store that is close by, and made friends with a great taxi driver who isn't ripping us off. I found locally made organic peanut butter which was so far the best purchase I've made on groceries all trip...and only 4500tsh (like 3 dollars)...steal of a deal)  My students started their own classroom currency/economy and it's going amazing. AND, I found out there is a Pomegranate tree outside my classroom window.

That's all for now! 4 Day Safari in less than 24 hours. I promise I'll try not to get eaten by a lion. :)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment