Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cheers to 2012 :)

I can't believe it's 2012....seriously, where does the time go?

2011 has been a year that will be hard to forget. I've spent just as much time on the continent of Africa as I have in America, racked up a TON of travel mileage, graduated college, moved my life from MN to Ethiopia for the year to volunteer, have slept in a tent under the stars in the Serengeti and taught at an International School in Tanzania. After officially leaving the Fargo/Moorhead area, I feel like I've truly  re-discovered who I am, and what I want to be. This year has been full of adventure, soul-searching and realizing what it is in this life that keeps me motivated and moving forward. I feel so blessed to have had the experiences that I've had and am interested to see what's in store in 2012.

I've decided not to make solid resolutions for the upcoming year. I did some reflection on 2011 and think that for 2012 I have basic goals, but not resolutions that I will only keep for a year. In 2012, I want to obtain my first teaching position in a class in America, I want to continue growing in my faith, I will continue to become more solid about my goals and dreams for the future. I would love to visit at least one or two other countries, and I plan to focus on my personal growth and health. I want to live clean; clean in the sense of the way I eat, the way I think, and the way I act. I have started this, but have not been faithful 100%. These are the things on my mind this year, as well as the years to come. They aren't resolutions, more of a way of life that I plan to maintain.

Either way, 2011 is going to be a tough year to beat out in terms of experiences! I plan to make it as great as possible, and so far beginning in Ethiopia has been an incredible start.

Cheers to my family, friends, health and a fresh start in 2012 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment