Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November!

Happy November my friends :) In the states, the fall is my favorite season. Here in Ethiopia, I don't have much to complain about. It is gorgeous and sunny the majority of the time, around 80 degrees in the heat of the afternoon and nice and cool in the evening. I don't get the leaves changing colors, the pumpkin spice lattes or cozy sweaters but I also don't have to deal with seeing my own breath in the morning outside when I wake up!

Today was my first day of classes. Yesterday (Monday) was supposed to be, but the students didn't show up. That's Africa for ya! Miscommunication happens often, but oh well...they were there today and super excited to see that they were going to be taught by a frengee (foreigner). I had 40 students today, and then a few extra who saw me at the first English Club meeting, and wanted to sit in on my class to listen to my English :) It was quite funny when they told me afterwards that they had come to just hang out, that's what I call dedication to learning a language, eh?! I am excited to finally be in the classroom, and up in front of those students, I felt right at home.

I received my first package yesterday from home, and needless to say it made my day! I could not ask for better parents and was ecstatic to receive protein bars, sponges, some spices, antibacterial wipes, and even a bag of M&Ms :) It got me to thinking that I would LOVE to receive a card from friends and family...and I had this idea!

I decided since I won't be home for Christmas this year, I want to make my very own Christmas tree (my family knows how much I love the tradition of the tree...I did afterall throw a giant fit the first year we switched from a real tree to the dumb fake one, I may still be a little bitter about it...) The best way I thought of creating this tree was from love sent from friends and family. But that means I need YOUR help!

SO, if you have time, I would LOVE if you sent me a card or even your Christmas card. No need for fancy packages (unless you feel obliged, I won't say no...) But, I am planning on using all of the cards and hanging them on my wall in the design of a tree- a little corny, a little lame, but I'm excited about it :) I had this idea, but needed to get my address out there so that I can start collecting cards for this project! Then after Christmas, I'll leave them hanging but maybe not in the shape of a tree, just to remind me of my friends and family that are across the world!

This is my address:

Elizabeth Rath
Gondar College of Teacher's Education
PO Box 176
North Gondar, Gondar Ethiopia!

Thanks for your help, hopefully I receive enough cards to make a tree!! :)

Hope you all have a lovely week!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment