Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Alissa :)

I picked my friend Alissa up at 8:30 and as we drove around trying to find a coffee shop to get coffee and sit at, it felt like it had only been a few days since I'd seen her. What felt like a day was actually nearly a year because for the past year she has been in AmeriCorp in the wild! She's been in Wyoming and Montana doing forest restoration and being hardcore one with the wilderness; wearing a hardhat, carrying tools, not showering very often. Haha... It fits perfect with the person Alissa is, and all her teammates and superiors told her that she was the best to have on the Corp :) It doesn't surprise me one bit. Alissa is the most free-spirited person I know. Hardworking, passionate, wickedly smart and so down to earth. She's loved her Chai tea, chocolate and meat-free diet since I met her junior year of high school. Hands down, she is one of my favorite people to just sit and talk to. She is someone that is doing something bigger and better than herself, someone I look up to and someone who I'm so proud of.

Tonight was a quality night full of Ms. Alissa, her fantastic mom who came home half way through, coffee and some home-made truffles. When we finally looked at the clock it was 12:30 am. I headed home, but since I decided coffee was a good choice at 8:30 at night, I'm wide awake.

I'm so lucky to have friends like Alissa. Friends that are far away, but I know when we get the few times a year to see each other it will feel like no time has passed at all.

" Good Friends are hard to find, hard to lose, and Impossible to forget."
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment