Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dear Procrastination, please go away.

It's been a while since I've been on here. I just have no motivation for anything lately! As an example, I got home from Thanksgiving break on Sunday, with 2 large bags of clean clothes. Those clothes still have yet to be put away....really Liz?

Blogging, running, homework, lesson plans...all going on the back burner. It's such a weird transition for me right now, it's like I'm thinking that if I don't get anything done, just maybe I won't have to move forward. Forward is unknown, forward is Africa.  I leave Fargo in 17 days from today. Scary, bittersweet, exciting, sad...so many word to describe how I feel. I think I figured out today that me not thinking about it, and refusing to make way on my to-do list is not helping anyone. Pure laziness could be a portion of it as well, but honestly, I'm just scared. I'm scared that when my my to-do list is checked off, it's really gonna be time to go.

Now is the time I really need to trust. I know the Lord has this under control, but truly putting my trust in Him is a tough thing to do; I am definitely being humbled through this transition. Quiet time and music has been vital for me, and now it's time to get my to-do list checked off!

So what's going to happen when that to-do list is done?! Well, it's on to the next chapter. Instead of being emotional and "deep" about all this life stuff, I just gotta get my crap done because life is moving forward with or without me. Even if I don't do my lesson plans, 5 giant assignments and everything else on my list, I'm still moving to Africa...my grades just may not be as good. So it's time to stop procrastinating because of what it means when I finally finish. Time to get work done. Operation productivity is a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment