Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Today was a good Day.

I would say that today was a good day. It started out by dropping off my brother at the airport because he is traveling back to Denver, CO. Then, I met up with a good friend for a 2 hour lunch date at MayDay Cafe in Minneapolis. It had an indy feel, with an eclectic customer base so it was fun to people watch and catch up. I could sit in coffee shops like that for hours.
(This is a picture of the place. I'm a poser though, I forgot to take my own photo of it, so I stole it from online ;) )







Since I got lunch, and not coffee my craving for some coffee was pretty intense. I headed to my favorite coffee shop near my house and sat for a couple of hours reading my new book Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I had some delicious Chai Tea which I decided is my new favorite drink.


After my coffee date with myself, I headed to a local bookstore. They are closing the store, so everything was 70% off...that's right 70% OFF!! IT was CRAZY! I got over 40 Children's hardcover books, 3 cookbooks and 4 books for fun. Grand Total= 30$ Best 30$ I think I EVER spent. I'm pretty jacked about it, and super excited that I started my teaching library. (Plus, I got some really great titles and Caldecott books)












When I got home, I took some pictures around the house, playing around with my camera. Below is my favorite picture I took.



Today was pretty great. I needed some solid "me" time to refocus and just be. And although my "To Do" list hasn't recieved much attention, I think coffee and books we're a way better choice today than cleaning and organizing. Today was a good day. :)

<3

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! So many teacher books! I'm so proud of you!
    You'll have to let me know how Mere Christianity is and I loved our date! (I also got coffee after but to go).

    ReplyDelete