Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In Amsterdam

Hello Hello. The first leg of the flight is over, Laura and I are sitting at a Starbucks in Amsterdam, using a half-hour of free internet. The flight was non-eventful, except for the few tears I shed 7 hours in. More than anything, I'm exhausted. I couldn't sleep a bit on the plane, am feeling sick to my stomach and my body is wondering what I'm doing to it I think. Laura helped a ton, and reminded me this is probably the worst part, the first few weeks. Putting our bodies through getting acclimated and everything else will be tough. As most of you who know me well know, I cry when I'm tired..and pretty much everything else...so I'm sure there will be lots of tears here and there!

Our flight leaves at 11:05, currently it's 7:30 am here ( meaning it's 12:30am MN time) We have a few hours to hang out, we've been debating going to get a beer :)

Regardless of the tears, I'm excited and I know I'll be 100% better once I land in Africa...make it through customs...get my luggage...am picked up from the airport...and make it to where I'll be staying. Ok, so there might be a few more tears shed before the "day" is officially over. Until then, hope you are all sleeping well in the states!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment