Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Survived the First week

Well, I survived my first week! :) It's a weird feeling, but it feels like I'm just supposed to be here! It's obviously not the same feeling as home, but I am getting more comfortable day by day. My cooperating teacher, my students, my classroom, the house...everything is so great. I start teaching math on Monday already, and will add one 1 subject a week until I go full time for a few weeks. My cooperating teacher has faith in me that I'll do well, so she wants to throw me in there as soon as possible. I suppose that's a good thing, but kind of scary! We're having a low key weekend and doing homework, grading papers and laying out at the pool :) I think we might go to a friends Rugby game, I'm heading to church tomorrow with some people from school and hopefully make it to the market.

It should be a great weekend. Hope you are all surviving the bitter cold of MN. I'm putting on a couple pictures of my house, and the oasis called Safari Lodge that is 2 doors down from me (and where we spend a LOT of time when we're not at school) :)

Out my bedroom window

Side View

Gorgeous flowers in the front yard

The front of our house 

Laura and I laying out on the porch

Awesome trees and always sunny


Safari Lodge. :) Laura is in this picture if you look closely. Pretty much the best place ever. Vacation for 3 months..yes please :) 

Morning tea

Our living room 

My Bedroom with GIANT bed!

I just really liked this flower :)


Hope that gives you a little taste of where I'm living. I'll post more pictures soon. 

<3 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Hey do you have a mailing address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures! YAY ... your house looks wonderful Lizzy ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John and I looked at the pictures of your house, and we are almost sure it is the one we lived in 1993 for about six months. I remember I really loved the yard. I am jealous of your pictures, it is -14 here! I know you will do a great job of jumping into teaching right away. It isn't the first time! I am glad things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete