Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You're Mountain is waiting, so get on your way!

Well, the day is here. Last night I packed my two 40lb+ bags, (1 giant backpack, and 1 suitcase.) I tell ya, I look like I know what I'm doing! I slept better than expected last, said some tough "see ya laters" over the phone, and hugged my mom and sister goodbye morning. 

I'm meeting my travel partner Laura at the airport at 12:30. Then my flight takes off at 3, heads to Amsterdam and then to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. I arrive at 9:30pm, on January 13th....I think the time difference is about 9 hours. I'll try to update as soon as I can, and when I get settled in. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I start this journey.

P.S...When I woke up this morning, I read my favorite book, " Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss for a little inspiration. It was scarily applicable, so a few of my favorite stanzas are below :)

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.

You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)

Kid, you’ll move mountains!
So…be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ale Van Allen O’Shea, you’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So…get on your way!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you my dear. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY BOOK!!!!!! Okay well not my book, but I do love that book!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete