Whatever You Are, Be a Good One...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thanks 2010, but now on to 2011.

It's 2011...really? I feel like I JUST got used to writing 2010 on checks and papers, and now it goes switching around on me again! It's crazy how fast the time seems to fly by, and it seems to get faster and faster as the years go on.

In re-cap, I wanted to share the Top 10 Things in 2010 I did...

1. Spent time working in the mission field in Haiti after the January Earthquake
2. Made life-long friendships with my 15 teammates who accompanied me to Haiti
3. Named an orphan who was nameless...David is his name
4. Ran the Fargo Half Marathon and set my personal record
5. Ran the Big Sur Half Marathon in Monterey, CA and completed a 3 year old goal of mine
6. Spent the summer student teaching ELL students and loved every minute of it
7. Completed my last class of my college career
8. Said goodbye to Fargo, my home for the last 4 1/2 years and moved back to the cities
9. Picked up yoga as a hobby, and unfortunately fell out of the habit
10. Became stronger in my beliefs and made huge steps forward in my faith walk with the help of a community of friends I found far to late in my college career.

So those were some of the highlights of 2011...Here is a list of the Top 10 Things I Will Accomplish in 2011...
1. Go on Safari
2. Have a life altering experience while living in Tanzania Africa for 4 months
3. Graduate college
4. Run my 4th half marathon (maybe 5th if I'm feeling ambitious...mini triathalon possibly??)
5. Begin my first year of teaching and dedicate my heart and time to my students
6. Make a list of 11 Books to Read in 2011
7. Make yoga a part of my weekly workout routine again
8. Continue to grow in my faith, become part of a church and/or small group to get linked in with a community of believers where I will be
9. Become debt free!
10. Spend time loving on others as I Am loved.


So there is it! Some of the things I plan to do in 2011, I think it seems pretty reasonable. None of these are crazy life changing goals/resolutions but I think it's important to think about direction to ensure you're bettering yourself, and the people around you. I feel good about 2011, and am lucky enough to start off the year with an adventurous trip to Tanzania. 8 days away!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment